Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Yields: 2 Servings
Recipe Courtesy of Vanessa Rose
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 4 Slices Ezekiel Bread
- 1 Yellow Heirloom Tomato, Sliced
- 2 Thick slices Mozzarella
- Arugula Basil Walnut Pesto
- Marinate Portobello Mushroom in olive oil, balsamic and salt for ten minutes.
- Transfer to the stove over medium-high heat.
- Cook 10 minutes on each side.
- Generously spread Arugula Basil Walnut Pesto on inside of Ezekiel Bread. Add sliced heirloom tomatoes, mushrooms and mozzarella.
- Press with a Panini press until exterior of bread is crispy and cheese is fully melted about 10-12 minutes. To create without a Panini press, heat a skillet on the stove and use another weighted pan, plate, or lid to lay on the sandwich as it cooks.
Serve immediately with a side of Arugula Basil Walnut Pesto for dipping.