Prep Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Yields: 4 Servings
Recipe Courtesy of Vanessa Rose & Maya McLaughlin
We are cooking more food then usual for one recipe. Use the left-overs from this recipe to create my Chicken Fried Rice and Simple Southwestern Grilled Chicken Salad later this week!
Chicken & Marinade Ingredients
- 2 Large Lemons or 3 Large Limes, juiced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large jalapeño
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon, salt
- 1 teaspoon, pepper
- 6 Skinless & Boneless Chicken Breasts
Chicken & Marinade Directions
- Whisk all marinade ingredients.
- Place in plastic bag.
- Add chicken and set in the refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Remove marinated chicken from the bag.
- Turn grill on high heat and add olive oil.
- Grill the chicken for 20 minutes, searing all sides.
Mexican Rice Ingredients
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups, brown rice
- 6 ears of corn
- 4 tablespoons butter
- lemon pepper seasoning to taste
- salt to taste
Mexican Rice Directions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat bottom of the stove-top pan with olive oil. Turn on high heat. Add rice and toast.
- Add chicken broth and water in a pan over high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Coat corn with butter. Sprinkle lemon pepper and salt to taste.
- Roll in tinfoil and seal ends.
- Place in 450 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove corn kernels from the Cobb. Mix with brown rice.
Pico de Gallo Ingredients
- 4 Medium Tomatoes, Diced
- ½ red onion, Diced
- ½ Jalapeno, diced
- ½ Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Pico de Gallo Directions
- Combine diced tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, bell pepper, cilantro, garlic, salt, and pepper until well mixed.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Serve your grilled chicken with the Mexican rice and Pico de Gallo.
Bag and store the left-over food in the refrigerator to make more delicious, easy recipes throughout the week!