Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yields: 6 servings (2 quarters each)
Recipe Courtesy of Vanessa Rose
- 3 Artichokes, quartered
- 2 Lemons
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 6 sprigs Fresh Thyme, minced
- 6 leaves Fresh Sage, minced
- 2 sprigs Fresh Rosemary, minced
- 2 cloves Fresh Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- Cut the top off the artichoke. Squeeze lemon juice over inside to prevent browning. Use a paring knife to remove the outer skin on the stem, around the heart. Slice in half.
- Use a paring knife to carve under the choke above the artichoke heart. Finish scooping out the choke with a spoon. Remove the inner (purple) leaves.
- Quarter the artichokes and add lemon juice to avoid browning. Place in a steamer. Steam for 40 minutes until soft.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, fresh thyme, fresh sage, fresh rosemary, minced garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Let vinaigrette sit until artichokes finish steaming.
- Remove artichokes from the steamer. Baste with vinaigrette. Transfer to grill over medium-high heat. Grill for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.