Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 Servings (2 Slices Each)
Recipe Courtesy of Vanessa Rose & Maya McLaughlin
- 6 Eggs
- ¾ cup Milk
- 5 tablespoons agave
- 1 ½ oranges, juiced & zest
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, divided
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Combine eggs, milk, agave, 1 juiced orange, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and vanilla in baking dish. Mix until well blended.
- Place bread into pan with mixture and soak for 30 minutes.
- Combine blueberries, ½ juiced orange, orange zest, maple syrup and ½ teaspoon nutmeg in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Transfer soaked bread unto skillet over high heat. Fry on each side until browned. Serve with syrup.